Funding a Low Cost Mother's Day
Have you ever noticed just how expensive Mother's Day can be? While most everyone would like to be able to get their mothers the best possible gift, it doesn't mean that you have to break your bank to do it. Funding a low cost Mother's day doesn't mean that you simply get the cheapest things that you can find. Rather, it means that you actually have to put a little thought or effort into your gifts. Use these guidelines to help make sure that you do a good job.
- Set a cap. The key to funding a low cost Mother's Day is to set a spending cap. This cap should be something that you can afford, and one that won't create a financial hardship for you. Ideally, you would be able to spend a couple of hundred dollars, but that wouldn't really be all that low cost. Instead set the cap at somewhere between $25 to $50, and see what you can get or make with that much money.
- Be creative. There is no rule that says you can't be creative with your gifts. One thing to remember is that people typically love homemade gifts, and your mother is no different. There are literally dozens (if not hundreds) of things that you can make which your mother will love. For example, you can have a family member or friend take a picture of you and all your siblings, and then frame the picture and give it to your mother. If you are musically inclined, you can serenade your mother or wife, or create a song for her specifically. The best thing to keep in mind is that you should always play to your strengths.
- Food can be good. If you like to cook, or your mother or wife likes a good snack, then maybe you can make your own gift with some food. It's not that difficult to dip a few strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or other pieces of fruit into some chocolate and then lay it out on a plate. Maybe you could make some cookies, brownies, or other goodies. If you really wanted to go all out, why not make your mother or wife a complete meal from scratch, where all she has to do is sit back and enjoy? (But, don't forget to clean up afterwards.)
- Do some yard work. It could be a nice surprise for your wife or mother if you did the yard work. If you planted her garden, mowed the lawn, or did other yard work that your special lady normally does it could make a truly remarkable gift.
- Create a spa package. What mother or wife wouldn't like to spend a day at the spa? If you can't afford to actually send your special lady to the spa, you can always create a spa for them at home. Get some aroma therapy bubble bath, a few candles, a copy of her favorite book or magazine, and a night off where she doesn't have to worry about anything.