Conducting a Successful Yard Sale
If you are fed up with household clutter, why not get rid of some of it at a yard sale? They are advertised in local newspapers and on posters stuck up in the street. You can join the fun and generate some cash in your spare time.
- Get advice from a friend who has done it before.
- Use fold-up tables or shelves to display the goods on.
- Arrange your items with care—they'll look better and you'll sell them faster.
- Price the items for sale beforehand and keep the prices low—you aren't going to make a fortune, but you will get rid of the goods with some financial return.
- Be prepared for some haggling and expect to reduce some prices.
- Place collections of small items in a box and fix a price for the whole box load.
- Wear a money belt, or hang a purse on a cord around your neck, for safe keeping. Take plenty of change with you.
- Ask a friend to come to your sale to help you deal with crowds, should they occur, and to keep you company in the quieter moments.
- Bring food and drink to keep you refreshed during the day.
- Take all unsold goods to a local charity shop afterwards.
Doris is a jack of all trades, writing on a variety of topics. Her articles have helped enlighten and entertain thousands over the years. Learn more about Doris...
Keep Cats Away from Reclining Chairs
You may like cats, and you may like reclining chairs, but you shouldn't mix the two. Cats and reclining chairs is a set ...
Don't Feed Your Cat Too Much Fatty Pork
Animals' diets are just as important to their health as our diets are to ours. You need to be careful what you feed your ...
Developing Healthy Habits
Good health doesn't come from nowhere-it's based on establishing and maintaining healthy habits. But knowing how to ...