When is it Time to Change Employment?
There comes a time in every career that the thought of getting a new job comes up. While no one really likes to go through the whole job search process (particularly in today's work environment) there are times when it is an absolute necessity. The difficulty lies in figuring out when it is time to change employment. Well, here are a few guidelines that you can use to determine whether or not your time has come.
- Increase your income. One of the most classic reasons to find a new job is that you are looking for to increase your salary. There is nothing wrong with this, and if you find yourself needing some extra money, or that your expenses have increased, you may want to seriously consider finding a new job.
- You want a challenge. Often jobs can become boring over time. When this happens you nave the choice of either going to work and dealing with a job that is boring you to tears, or finding a job that you like more. The best way to figure out whether a new job will be challenging enough for you is if it will periodically cause you to work a little outside of your "comfort zone."
- Personality conflicts. There are times when things simply don't work out between employees, or even between an employee and an employer. If you find yourself having a series of escalating conflicts between you and the people you work with, you may want to think long and hard about your current job and whether you might want to get a new one.
- Circumstances have changed. Things change in everyone's life, sometimes for the good, other times not so much. If you are experiencing, or have recently experienced, a life-altering situation it is not unexpected or unbelievable to think of starting a new job. Unfortunately not all employers are willing to make accommodations when life throws you a curveball. This could very easily lead to you needing a new job or employer.
- You are offered something better. Perhaps the single best indicator that it is time to change employment is when you are offered a better paying job than what you currently have. If you are being offered a new position, or a better paying one, then it is a good indication that others recognize your worth, so why not take advantage of it?
Teens have a number of ways to make money, both traditional and newer online job opportunities. You can find work through ...
Money discussions can be uncomfortable and frustrating, but they need not be. If you can just approach the conversation ...
Children are great, wonderful additions to any family that help make the darkest days brighter. Unfortunately they also ...